Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Skunk?

• Please log in to reply

neddyc

neddyc

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hey,
have u guys ever heard of or seen a thing called a skunk. i got one recently and had to format my harddrive.

just a warning never to open nethin by that name

Advertisements

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Hello and welcome to GeeksToGo. Can you give me a little more information? You received a nasty virus of some sort? How do you know what the name of it was? What exactly did it do to your system?

neddyc

neddyc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I kno the name of it becaue it was a winzip file and i had opened it thinking it was a game i had attempted to download. Nothing happened for a while and then when i looked at my computer a while later it came up with a message saying "see ya [bleep]!". and from then on it kept deleting shortcuts and links to devices and folders and made the computer too slow to function.

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
*edit* someone is already asking in a PM

/me is taught a valuable lesson to read all of kittys post first :tazz:

Excal