Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with trend housecall link

• Please log in to reply

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi all,

I just clicked on the Trend Housecall link (Malware removal etc) it took me to the homepage then immediately changed pages and this is what I got.

HouseCall (for Netscape) installation
It appears that the required components for HouseCall are not currently installed on your computer.

To install HouseCall, do the following steps:

1. download this program ;
2. run it;
3. restart your Netscape browser

Sorry if I'm wrong but I'm not a netscape user am I :tazz: (having said that it wouldn't surprise me one bit if I was ;) )

Thanks lots and lots, Lindy x :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Lindyloo

Lindyloo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
Okay

I thought I'd just put this in here aswell.

I tried to use Panda active scan also but nothing happened when I tried to submit my email address.

When I tried to use Etrust it said I had to use IE 4.0 or above. I'm sure mine's higher (even though I use Mozilla, unless I have no choice)

I tried both with IE and they wouldn't work.
Etrust asked if I was using 4.0 or above.

PandaActive scan kept coming up with:-

Error on downloading Panda ActiveScan

An error has occurred downloading Panda ActiveScan. Please repeat the process. If the error occurs again, restart your system and try again.
<----I did

This site might require the following ActiveX conrol 'asinst.cab' from panda software.

The error could be due to a download error or a problem with the installation.

Help :thumbsup: I don't much like using IE but it seems if I want to use this stuff I haven't much choice.......Why is it that ppl seem to be advising me not to use IE and use something else like Moziilla but then I have to use it anyway. :tazz:

Don't anybody be taking this the wrong way......it's really hard to explain in text what you mean even with the emoticons. ;)
Thanks again, Lindy :cheers: