Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Registration codes

• Please log in to reply

LthrnckPA

LthrnckPA

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
My wife is addicted to Mahjong. She bought a game (Mahojng Towers II) from Big Fish Games in November of 2003. Then her laptop crashed from a virus. I was able to re-format her hard drive and re-install everything. But the Mahjong game wants a registration code. BFG says they need her receipt number before they will give us the code. Who saves those things for over two years!?!?

Somewhere in my computer that registration code is alive and well, because her Mahjong still works on my puter. So how do I find it and copy it, so I can make Mahojng work on her laptop. she's not asking for anything else for Christmas, just for her laptop to play Mahjong again.

Advertisements

Aslyfox

Aslyfox

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Did you need a installation code the first time you installed the game?

*Edited due to this may be an illegal way.

Edited by Aslyfox, 16 December 2005 - 01:41 PM.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
registry codes are encoded in the game. I don't think there's anything you can do unless you find that code from the game box because any other way is illegal and violates the Geekstogo policy.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm with numb on this one.....any help with finding that code would violate the site's TOS...and anyone who offer's such assistance would be in breach of the TOS as well...you will either need to prove you purchased the game...or repurchase it

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You should always keep hold of boxes for games, they keep the disks good as well, and if you downloaded it offline that is the risk you take, i never pay to get stuff dowloaded online at all because its easy lost and better buying hardcopies.

We cant help you find a code.

LthrnckPA

LthrnckPA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
Bummer, live and learn.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
sorry

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
aye it is a bit of a bummer. fortunately games like that are usually the five buck bargain bin affairs. But no one said life was supposed to be fair.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
true, the game is not expensive at all. Try searching on Froogle or amazon.com

A quicksearch got me this for example: http://www.amazon.co...ogames&n=507846