Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

avdetect.ini file

• Please log in to reply

craftmom

craftmom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm running Windows 98 with Outlook Express. I renewed my antivirus software with Panda, but am having trouble installing.

The Panda installtion program tells me that I have a McAfee VirusScan program that must be removed, but I can't find it. I have contacted Panda Tech Support and they replied with a link to a download for AVDETECT.INI, but I need a User Name and Password to complete the download.

I contacted Panda again, and they sent an attachment to an email message, but when I click on the attachment icon on the message, nothing happens. When I click on the attachment icon in the inbox list, I get the message that Outlook Express removed access to the following attachments in your mail: AVDETECT.INI.

Is there any other way to get this file? Or is there another program that can completely remove McAfee Antivirus? It was installed on my computer when it was new, but I have used Panda for several years since then.

December 18, 2005

I did get a reply from Panda Tech Support and I have now saved the AVDETECT.INI file, but I still can't install the Panda software. How can I replace the old file with the new file when I didn't have the old file?

Craftmom

Edited by craftmom, 18 December 2005 - 09:03 PM.

Advertisements