Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printing in Microsoft Outlook Express

• Please log in to reply

Webby29

Webby29

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I am having problems printing in Outlook Express. When I click print it does not send the document to the printer. I have checked and the printer is properly installed so it would appear to be the program.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you right click an unopened message in the inbox and click print or click file then print in an opened message does it go to the printer

Webby29

Webby29

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have tried that and it does not seem to work either. However, all other Microsoft progams seem to print, so I can only assume that it is a problem with Outlook Express. I have also looked for updates and appear to have all the updates installed.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Get the trial of Tune Up 2006 here

Tune Up 2006 Trial

Click start then run, type prefetch then press enter, click edit then select all, right click any file then click delete, confirm delete.

Run disc clean up then registry clean up then click optimize to run reg defrag, which needs a reboot

Those will have cleared the drive of obsolete software errors

This will replace the system files

Click start then run, type sfc /scannow then press enter to replace the system files, you need the XP CD and get a blue progress bar, reboot when the bar goes

These are suggestions for making the most of the free trial

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor

Webby29

Webby29

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have tried what you have suggested, but it does not appear to have made a difference. Any more suggests would be great. Thanks.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try file then save as in an open e-mail to save as text, in a folder you create for any e-mails you need to print, then open the folder select an e-mail to see if it will print from there. If the message has HTML, graphics etc, see if you have an option to save as outlook (express) message format, the option exists with Outlook and saves the messages as it is when delivered

I appreciate this is not an ideal solution, however, hopefully, printing e-mails is not a high volume event