Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't run IE without Proxyway

• Please log in to reply

camshaft

camshaft

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,
I downloaded Proxyway a little while ago just to fool around with proxies and try using them. I don't want to run a proxy normally though because it slows down my connection way too much. However, now when I don't have the program running I get the 'page can't be displayed' in IE. My internet connection still works because AIM works fine. It's just IE. As soon as I start up Proxyway again IE works fine, even if I have Proxyway set to not be using a Proxy. I just need to be running the program.
I tried uninstalling Proxyway, but then I still can't run IE. I supposed I could try downloaded Mozilla to see if that works, but I thought you guys might have some better ideas before trying that.

Thanks for any help or ideas,
Austin

Advertisements

Aslyfox

Aslyfox

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
Your best bet would be to re-install I.E. but that may not fix it.
As you stated, changing to another browser may be best. FireFox, Opera, etc. As many people have problems with IE.

camshaft

camshaft

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't want to permanently switch to Firefox though, as I've often come across pages that don't load correctly in Firefox but do in IE. Thats not the only reason, but basically I'd rather just get IE working again. And how would you reinstall IE without affecting windows anyway?

Aslyfox

Aslyfox

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
I can't remember, sorry, I haven't used IE properly in a long time.