Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battlefiled 2

• Please log in to reply

Bl@ck0ut

Bl@ck0ut

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Before I purchase Battlefield 2 will my Radeon 9200 Work for it. Will it also work for Call of Duty?

Advertisements

STV0726

STV0726

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I don't know. You would have to read the box and figure out what models they require.

About Call of Duty: It is a VERY specific game. ( I had to reserach its picky requirments. ) I would say you have to have a pretty darn good/specific video card for it to work.

Keep trying though.

If you e-mail me (or even post) the box requirments, I will be able to assist you much better. In fact, please do so...I'd love to help you with this issue.

-Stephen
Geek In Training of Today

ZEUS_GB

ZEUS_GB

There's no school like old school!

• Retired Staff
  • 1,668 posts
Hello Bl@ckout and welcome to Geeks to Go!

The ATI Radeon 9200 isnt on the supported graphics card list for Battlefield2 but it is on the list of supported graphics cards for Call of Duty 2.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Your Radeon 9200 will work decent on Regular call of duty pretty good. Is it Call of duty or the newer call of duty 2 that you have?

For battlefield 2

Minimum Specification:
CPU: 1.7 Ghz
RAM: 512 Mb
Video Card: NVidia GeForce FX 5700, ATI Radeon 8500 or ATI Radeon 9500
with 128 Mb of RAM

Recommended Specification:
CPU: 2.4 Ghz
RAM: 1 Gb
Video Card with at least 256 Mb of RAM

If you dont have one of these video cards, battlefield 2 wont work!!

Video Cards
Battlefield 2 only supports the following video cards:
Radeon X700 (PCIe)
Radeon X600 (PCIe)
GeForce 6600 (PCIe)
GeForce PCX 5900 (PCIe)
GeForce 5800 Series (AGP)
ATI Radeon X800 XT Platinum Edition
ATI Radeon X800 PRO
ATI Radeon 9800 Series
ATI Radeon 9600 Series
ATI Radeon 9550 (RV350LX)
ATI Radeon 9500 / 9700 Series
ATI Radeon 8500 Series
ATI Radeon X300 Series
NVidia GeForce 6800 Ultra
NVidia GeForce 6800 GT
NVidia GeForce 6800
NVidia GeForce FX 5950 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5900 Series
NVidia GeForce FX 5700 Series

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
So if it isn't listed then what? I mean the GeForce 7800 isn't listed but its better than all those other GeForce cards? So now I am confused. :tazz:

Also my intergrated ATi card isn't listed and it plays it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Thats because they werent released when the game was, you have to use a bit of common sense, ATI integrated gfx are on a whole different league from most of the other integrated chipsets as well.

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
yes, the 7800 series wasnt out yet when battlefield 2 was released.

Any card that comes out after the game was released will be able to play it.

The 7800 gtx is a high end card since its faster than the 6800 series of course its going to play the game battlefield 2.

I dont know why people think they can play bf2 with integrated, you cant.

So if it isn't listed then what? I mean the GeForce 7800 isn't listed but its better than all those other GeForce cards? So now I am confused. :tazz:

Also my intergrated ATi card isn't listed and it plays it.

For one thing comrade general if you look up on the post he was talking about 2 totally different games. Regular call of duty and battlefield 2.

Regular call of duty will play on integrated graphics, as I should know I have a pinned topic on the game where thousands of people has visited it.

I dont think you are talking about battlefield 2, even if you had an integrated video card that could play battlefield 2 it would be horrible. I still think there isnt any that can for (battlefield 2).

example, a Radeon 9200 pci video card wont even play battlefield 2 and it is faster that any integrated video card (built in). So i dont know how an integrated would even play battlefield 2.

I could be wrong though but I dont ever use integrated graphics and I dont know why anyone would, if it is anything to do with agp, pci or pci express I know alot about it.

Edited by jrm20, 19 December 2005 - 12:41 PM.

Comrade General

Comrade General

• PipPipPip
  • 387 posts
Well my ATi Radeon Xpress 200 will play BF2 pretty good, but only on low. I didn't know when GeForce 7800 came out either, and I wonder when Radeon 200 came out too...