Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cd drives missing :(

• Please log in to reply

whattado

whattado

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey,

my problem is that my cdrom drive is missing in windows after deinstalling a soundcard driver(soundblaster live ls).
i have no clue what to do cuz the drive is working, but windows(xp pro) just tells me the drive isn't working ;)
i didnt do anything to the drive so im pretty confused :tazz:

thnx in advance

Advertisements

Tim Wellman

Tim Wellman

• PipPip
  • 80 posts
You might check to see if the cdrom drive is connected to the ide port on the sound card... you may have disabled that ide port if the soundcard has one.

Besttechie

Besttechie

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 386 posts
Hi,

Might want to check this link out.

CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be missing

I know, it's not exact to what happened to you, but I once used this fix before, and it fixed the same exact problem, and I didn't reinstall XP. So this fix might work for you as well. Try it out. If you are missing one of the settings in the registry, don't worry about it. Just skip that key. Go to the next. Make sure you follow the directions.

Good luck! :tazz:

B

Edited by Besttechie, 05 February 2005 - 10:24 PM.