Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox and Windows Media Player

• Please log in to reply

ep3w

ep3w

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Whenever i try to open a page with a video on it that uses windows media player firefox tells me i need to download the plugin. Well I realized I didnt have WMP installed so I installed it and it still does not recognize it. If I open the same page in IE it works fine. Anyone have an idea why?

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
have you downloaded the plugin? It's not the same as just installing Windows Media Player.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
https://pfs.mozilla.org/plugins/ you can get the plugin for wmp (and a few others) here

Edited by dsenette, 19 December 2005 - 09:16 AM.

ep3w

ep3w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Maybe i am doing something wrong here? I went to the mozilla plug in page, went down to WMP and then clicked on version 10 for windows xp under the download section. That brings me to the microsoft page and i clicked download wmp 10 now. When i opened the install file that downloaded it told me I have a newer version already installed. Could this have something to do with the fact that I am running windows XP media center and firefox is not compatible with XP Media Centers version of WMP?