Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 Audio Problems

• Please log in to reply

AllyClark

AllyClark

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi,

I recently bought some new headphones and when I plugged them in, I noticed that only the right hand ear was working. At first I thought it was faulty headphones but when I plugged back in my speakers (Intregated with PC monitor) only the right hand speak worked on that aswell.

That's one problem, the other is that in me trying to fix the problem I reset all the audio settings and now I'm just getting a big fuzzing noise in the right hand speaker.

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
Audio Problem – Fuzzing
19th Dec 2005

Need more info on Audio System – Model Number – MFG – Is Audio – [Onboard Motherboard] or is a PCI Card –

When plugging in [Stereo Plugs] – Verify that they are [Correctly] plugged in – Make sure they are pushed in all the way – They are longer – and sometimes they are only [Half way] pushed in -

If PC Monitor has Audio – then it probably have some [Audio Adjustment] that can be [Tweaked] - See Monitor Manual –

Were both speakers working on Monitor before Headset acquirement – Give summary of –[Audio Adjustments]

Jack123