Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I got a computer from a friend but when i start up the computer it only shows everything til it shows what processor i have and nothing more except "hit delete setup" but my keyboard wont work so i cant enter BIOS or setup, plz help!

Edited by bongsaber69, 19 December 2005 - 02:59 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
what kind of keyboard are you using? ps/2 or usb?

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

what kind of keyboard are you using? ps/2 or usb?

i have both, and tryed both

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
ok...so this is a machine taht was given to you..and you're just trying to get it to work so that you can have an extra computer right? or is this something you're trying to fix to give back to your friend? (just asking cus we may get rid of stuff as we try to get it to work...and i wan't to be sure what the situation is)

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

ok...so this is a machine taht was given to you..and you're just trying to get it to work so that you can have an extra computer right? or is this something you're trying to fix to give back to your friend? (just asking cus we may get rid of stuff as we try to get it to work...and i wan't to be sure what the situation is)

he gave it to me for me to use, he doesnt want it back

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
cool
ok...what i want you to do fisrt....is turn the machine off and open the side....ground yourself...and take out everything....leave the motherboard in the machine, the processor and the psu...but everything else...unplug and take out (all drives and expansion cards...and the ram)...now boot....what happens?(i know you wont be able to see it boot but you should get a beep)

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

cool
ok...what i want you to do fisrt....is turn the machine off and open the side....ground yourself...and take out everything....leave the motherboard in the machine, the processor and the psu...but everything else...unplug and take out (all drives and expansion cards...and the ram)...now boot....what happens?(i know you wont be able to see it boot but you should get a beep)

i get beeps, i counted til 10 beeps then i just turned it off

Edited by bongsaber69, 19 December 2005 - 03:33 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
good sign number 1

ok now put the ram back in...and the video card...hook up your monitor and keyboard then boot (leave all other cards and the hd cdrom all that jazz out)

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

good sign number 1

ok now put the ram back in...and the video card...hook up your monitor and keyboard then boot (leave all other cards and the hd cdrom all that jazz out)

k, it wont show anything on the screen still beeps alot, and only one of my 3 hard drives has power

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
unplug the hds for me...and count the beeps...while you're inside...can you try to find a make and model number for your motherboard?

Advertisements

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

unplug the hds for me...and count the beeps...while you're inside...can you try to find a make and model number for your motherboard?

do u want me to unplug the bus cable and the power from the hard drives? or just power, cus just power i get alot of beeps, more then ten. and where would i find the number? on the sticker thing on the cover on on the motherboard?

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...unplug the hds completely....and the motherboard number should be on the motherboard (what kind of computer is it...is it custom or...prebuilt? like a dell or hp or something)

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

yeah...unplug the hds completely....and the motherboard number should be on the motherboard (what kind of computer is it...is it custom or...prebuilt? like a dell or hp or something)

Iwill ka266 R and im not sure what type it is, i think custom, and for beeps more then ten again

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is it ten or more steady beeps or is there a pattern...like...ten short beeps..a pause...then ten short beeps

bongsaber69

bongsaber69

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

is it ten or more steady beeps or is there a pattern...like...ten short beeps..a pause...then ten short beeps

ten and more steady beeps, it beeps pauses for maybe a sec or 2 then beeps again