Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem playing dvd

• Please log in to reply

honestibs

honestibs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
i'm having the same problem as you guys...well very similar

I can play dvds that I burnt and whatnot but I can't play dvd movies. My dvd drive will not even read it. Its set on the correct region too. but it still won't work. Anybody have some clues as to what's going on

please email me if you do

thanks

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. What program are you using to play dvd's? If you put in a dvd, can you open windows explorer and see the dvd in the drive? Will the drive play a music cd or a software cd or dvd?

honestibs

honestibs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey Austin_o

I have windvd 6...and no I can't see the dvd in windows explorer. Its weird it won't even read the dvd. I mean I hear the dvd spin intially then it just stops...and yes I can play music cd's and software cds just fine. and even play my old dvd movies. for example I bought this soccer dvd about four years ago and it works just fine.

Have you heard of anything like that before?

I have one more question, if somebody replies to my post will I be notified by email each time or do i have to search for this topic each time to find out if I have replies. I'm new to this forum business so I don't know

Edited by honestibs, 20 December 2005 - 08:53 AM.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Since the drive has "disappeared" from windows explorer, it may be worth trying a registry fix from M$. Take a look at this document: http://support.micro...om/?kbid=320553 Be sure to follow all of the precautions detail by M$ when messing with the resistry.

The normal means of communicating in forums is by going to the thread and checking. When you come to the fourm, go down to the bottom right corner and see the drop down filter. By default it shows z-a 7 days all topics. Click the drop down arrow and select "ones I started" and it will take you to yours. Email is not used. Staff members prefer to have questions posted in the forum rather than by pm.