Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is my *worst* bottle neck?

• Please log in to reply

j128

j128

• Pip
  • 5 posts
What is my *worst* bottle neck? :)

dell dimention 2400
2.4 GHz Celeron
512 MB ram (runs at pc2100, because of my mobo)
Intel extreme integrated graphics :tazz:
40 GB hard drive

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Thats kind off hard to answer unless we know what you are trying to do with the computer that makes you think you have a bottle neck. Its a pretty basic/budget computer witch is fine for word processing and internet use, it has enough ram and cpu for what the machine is intended to do. The hard drive is kinda of small if your saving lots of music and other stuff on it but again for general use its fine.

If you are trying to play todays latest and greatest games it would need a video card upgrade but even then the celeron cpu is not the greatest for gaming. You maybe better building your own or have a local shop build you one if its high powerd games you want to play.

Rick

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
The intel extreme graphics is the biggest of all bottlenecks. You cant play any new games with it. The celeron processor is the next which is a big issue if you are trying to play new graphical games. The memory is the next 512mb is plenty for surfing the web and for a business pc for paying bills ect..

If you want to play new games it would be best to get a new pc built for gaming.

Its a fine system for bill paying and internet surfing.