Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AZESEARCH Toolbar

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Minx

Minx

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hi all

I somehow installed a very annoying toolbar which now runs inconjunction with IE. It is called AZESEARCH. I ran Ad-aware in the hope it would rid itself and it hasn't, I have also done a search on my pc and all it finds is it in the IE history.

Anyone know how I can get rid of the pesky thing? :mad:

Thanks in advance,

Advertisements

acydskull

acydskull

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Got it on a PC after d/l a trial for Directory Opus 8 (a replacement for Windows Explorer). I can't specifiacally say that it came with with the d/l as the user could have d/l something else.

The culprit is azesearch.dl and download.exe.

Upon executiong download.exe it installs all sorts of references in the windows registry. Neither PestPatrol, SpySweeper, Spybot or AdAware seemed to be able to get rid of it.

If you are comfortable with it perform a search of your hard drive for the files specified above, then either delete them or reanme the files to something like azesearch.dll.dat.

However, I found out that upon running the download.exe it re-creates the azesearch.dll, so even if you delete the .dll keeping the .exe will not help.

I was also forced to do a search of the registry for all entries of "aze", and deleted all the references to azesearch.dll.

To go the extra mile I did this isn "safe" mode.

Hope this helps.

DJ Moonshine

DJ Moonshine

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Oh my i have the same stupid problem i have azesearch on my comp and no matter what i do it does not go away. is their anyother way i can somehow rid my PC of this stupid bar?

turner2000

turner2000

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[B]Hi I Know how to get rid of the AZESearch Toolbar. Go onto the AZESearch Website: toolbar.azesearch.com and scroll right to the bottom where the copyright is and highlight near it you should see a "Remove Toolbar" button click on that and presto the peskey little thing is gone!!! :tazz:

anando

anando

• Pip
  • 1 posts
There is another way. I don`t know with ,,remove toolbar,, button, it looks bad.
Anyway. Delete all files found on search azesearch. Two files won`t be removed one is .ocx and other is ,, html,, file with name changing very fast.
.ocx file : change extension to .txt and delete it now DO NOT TRY TO READ IT. it will activate all [bleep] and create all files again
html : do not activate same thing will happen. Just open containing folder and delete it there. do same for temp internet files, temp files, history files, favorite ...
good luck

lubos

lubos

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Thanks " Turner2000" i did what you said and now its gone..... those sneaky [bleep]s......

DJ Moonshine

DJ Moonshine

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Thank you so much.. i was woundering if i could ever get rid of it. the funny thing is, is i looked at the bottem so many times.. and i did not stop to think to highlight stuff lol.. thanks again .. :tazz:

silkwood658

silkwood658

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hey, I hope you guys are still here. I'm having a real hard time with this right now. I finally found that thing on the bottom of the screen, but for soem reason I can't execuse the uninstall.exe program. I even saved it to my hard drive and it won't open there, either. It just blinks at me. Gaaaa, I want rid of htis thing!!

silkwood658

silkwood658

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Arrrrgh, no edit button. Please help!

krazykat

krazykat

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey silk wood have you tried AD-AWARE to get rid of it as it worked for me. :tazz:

Advertisements

silkwood658

silkwood658

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'll try that now, thanks!

*crosses fingers*

silkwood658

silkwood658

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Uggggh...didn't work. My browser still opened up to this AZESearch crap. Don't download lyrics, folks. I just wish I knew how to open the uninstall.exe file on that webpage. It seemed to work for others and I have no idea how to open it. It just blinks whenever I try it.

krazykat

krazykat

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
silkwood did you follow the instruction that are posted on this site how to customize it yourself, to run the program, reboot it then run it again it took me two attempts to delete it, :tazz:

DJ Moonshine

DJ Moonshine

• Pip
  • 7 posts
All i did to get rid of the tool bar is click on the remove botton don't save it click on open. then close the browser open a new one. and its gone. just like that.

origami

origami

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hey I got that toolbar on my other comp aswell as internet optermizer. I am stilll trying to get rid of it. I already tried changing the file names of everything in my registry that's related to it. and it doesn't appear under ad/remove programs. I could really use some :tazz: since I only registered a few days ago, i haven't posted before, but thanks in advance, i know how well this works