Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

after removing viruses/infections

• Please log in to reply

dirtbiker101

dirtbiker101

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi, I have finished all the steps of the malware removal guide, and now I don't if I'm supposed to delete the programs that I was told to install, in the steps of the guide, except for the AVG Free anti-virus program. Am I supposed to delete Ewido Anti-Malware, Spybot Search, Ad-Aware SE, Internet Explorer, and Microsoft's Java Virtual Machine? After deleting, should I keep AVG Free anti-virus program, Spyware Blaster, Firefox internet browser, and Sun's Java? :tazz:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
keep what you like and uninstall what you don't.....avg is really good at what it does...ewido is a trial...so at some point you will either have to buy it or uninstall it....if you wan't to keep adaware you can...if you don't like firefox..get rid of it...keep the java......yadda yadda yadda...hehe..it's up to you