Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cant find cmos in this comp

• Please log in to reply

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
im trying to reset cmos in this mobo its inside of a hp 504n if anyone can locate for me thatll be helpful.

Advertisements

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Hi aznsjater51,
Why do you need to reset the CMOS?? If you dont mind me asking ??

have a look here and scroll down to the pics. It will show where the battery is. remove the battery for a few minutes and the CMOS will reset to default.
http://h10025.www1.h...ocname=bph07139

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok i bought a new proccessor and installed it on the mobo. then i put the one that belonged to the mobo that worked fine, so when i powered the computer it showed black screen but the harddrive was running fine and the cd-rom so i asked people on forums and they said to reset the c-mos. so i took out the battery and did not work. so right now im looking for the cmos pins.

Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPip
  • 940 posts
Make sure the CPU is seated properly. Sometimes they can be tricky !!

What happened when you removed then replaced the battery??

Many motherboards feature a set of jumpers or dipswitches that will clear the CMOS and wipe all of the custom settings including BIOS passwords.
The locations of these jumpers / dipswitches will vary depending on the motherboard manufacturer and ideally you should always refer to the motherboard or computer manufacturers documentation.
If the documentation is unavailable, the jumpers/dipswitches can sometimes be found along the edge of the motherboard, next to the CMOS battery, or near the processor.

Some manufacturers may label the jumper / dipswitch :
CLEAR - CLEAR CMOS - CLR - CLRPWD - PASSWD - PASSWORD - PWD

Edited by Linkmaster, 20 December 2005 - 07:13 PM.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

Instructions Here

But removing the battery would do the same thing as long as you also removed the power cord from the wall outlet.

Rick

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
ok now when i place the battery how do i know which side is put it right location. can anyone tell me in detail cuz this battery is but on sideways and i forgot how it looked when it was in the proper way

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
yeh rick, i looked at the pick and i see no cmos pins even though they are talking about it. and the picture of the battery on which side should be which is not clear.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I can't answer your question about the battery without actually seeing it, the picture is not clear enough for me to guide you, sorry.

The clear cmos jumper will be labled J4 on the motherboard use a magnifying glass if necessary when looking at your board.

aznsjater51

aznsjater51

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 32 posts
would it help if i post some pictures of it?