Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overheating

• Please log in to reply

Reina

Reina

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello!

I have a common problem of laptop overheating and crashing. I know specifically that my model (Vaio PCG-FRV37) has been known to be susceptible to overheating and crashing, as it gets hot very quickly. I've tried several solutions: the laptop cooler (Which stopped working, but never really helped.) and an actual fan. The fan actually works, except when I try to play Sims 2. Could my overheating perhaps be linked to Windows XP...and is there some type of quick fix to cool it down?

Thank you. (I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.)

(As you can see, I have a strong urge to play Sims2, but I'm wary of letting my computer crash over and over again because I know that causes problems.)

Edited by Reina, 21 December 2005 - 12:29 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...being a laptop...it's very hard to solve thermal issues...usually the suggestions involve the laptop coolers and cleaning out the fans and what not...but you say the cooler doesn't work...i once made a liquid heat exchanger for a friend in college....was basically a desktop refridgerator that he could set his laptop on..it was pretty nifty...but...loud and heavy