Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Current versions vs Upgrade version numbers

• Please log in to reply

ynape

ynape

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
I usually have judged if an upgrade was something pertinent to my software versions by the number [s]displayed. Currently I am confused by the Nero reloaded specifically the

Update-Package #1 Current Version Number: 6.6.0.16

as my version of Nero is Nero 6.6.0.8 NL Ultra Edition

I would like to 'upgrade' but I cant tell if this would actually be an upgrade. [ my interpretation of the version numbers says to me it is not an upgrade], can anyone advise on this specific case [is this really an upgrade to my version] and any advise for a general rule of thumb for other software upgrades.
thanks - ynape

Advertisements

Chachazz

Chachazz

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,046 posts
http://www.geekstogo...89

ynape this is your second post inquiring on the same subject.
If you have questions about applications, please post in the "Applications" forum.

This post is being moved to "Applications" forum.

Edited by Chachazz, 21 December 2005 - 01:05 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please note
Updates are for free, but not Upgrades!
If we are talking about Updates, we mean updates within a version: e.g. from Nero 6.0.0.1 to Nero 6.0.0.3. Updates only renew already existing programs. The previous range of functions is preserved but brought up to date.

ynape

ynape

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry for posting in the wrong area, thank you for moving it to the appropriate area- I am afraid my grey matter is just a bit under the status quo, the holiday's are a difficult time for many and I am one of the bunch. thanks again - ynape

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
not sure about the nl part unless you live outside the US. however if you download and install that it should upgrade your version of nero without any issues. I Have done that several times to fix issues with certain features.

ynape

ynape

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks so much AND especially as I take the time to re read what has transpired since my first post on this subject I thank you all for your Patience with me. - Even now I see in my last comments I still was using the word upgrade when I reallyshould say I don't know if the reloaded was an update or an upgrade, but more just wanted to make sure it was a likely appropriate download for my software version etc. [Considering my last few hectic days, I imagine there are likely to be a few more embarrasing moments popping up for me elsewhere in my daily routine as well - hmmm I can only hope I look no more foolish than this and be happy to seek a fresh start with a new year...] I really do understand the differences between the 2 concepts and usually use the terms correctly, and other than causing anyone extreme exassssssparation, I hope no harm done.
Happy Holidays to all and enjoy the wonders that may come your way be they organic or electronic. Embrassing the new year ahead - Melody