Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

iTunes "No Disk in Drive" error...

• Please log in to reply

Ethan Emerald

Ethan Emerald

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Greetings. I am Ethan, and I came here for help!

I currently have WinXP, and 2 ADMIN user accounts in my computer. A few weeks ago, I downloaded and installed the new iTunes, and found it working wonderfully. Tonight, however, I switched to my other user account to run it, and found an error message saying "No Disk in Drive. Please insert a disk in drive" when I tried to open iTunes. That's not exact; it's from the memory of my mind. What's wierd is that it doesn't say what disk or what drive.

Anyway, I'm not having the problem on the main user account!

Also, today, I did a registry scan, and removed about 300 registry errors. I was a bit skeptical about letting the TweakNow RegCleaner software edit my registry, but things seemed to run a LITTLE bit faster.

I DON'T think TweakNow RegCleaner caused this error, but it could have. I DID NOT check to see if iTunes worked BEFORE I ran the registry program, so I don't know for sure if that's what caused it.

Anyway, thank you VERY MUCH for the help.

Ethan

EDIT:

I ran SYSTEM RESTORE to see if TweakNow RegCleaner was causing the error. And, I still have the error even before I ran the Registry Cleaner. So, I undid the SYSTEM RESTORE.

EDIT2:

I'm STILL getting the error message whenever I try to open iTunes in the other user account.

Edited by Ethan Emerald, 23 December 2005 - 09:32 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
On the account that itunes is not working on, you might try using the same shortcut to itunes that you use on the account that itunes is working. Just make a copy of the itunes shortcut and place it on the desktop of the account that's not working.

Edited by makai, 23 December 2005 - 05:23 PM.

Ethan Emerald

Ethan Emerald

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you. I will try, and I'll let you know my results. Merry Christmas, God bless.