Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

memory

• Please log in to reply

hilbilly87

hilbilly87

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hi i ordered 256 of extra memory since my system has only 128. I am running aPentium 3 which i was sure the computer was pc 133,but when i pulled the memory chip in the computer it said dp06162-A 16x64 Pc 100-222.The memory chip i ordered is 256 mb sdr,dimm,h 32whs stk.Question can i run this chip in my computer or do i have to sent it back?Also when i removed the chip and reinstalled it the computer just made a beeping noise i checked the chip and it seems to be okay now.What causes the beeping so i will know next time,also which slot do i install the chip in the original slot or the next one to it,will it reconize the extra memory.Trying to learn with your help.Thank you,Tom

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Visit crucial to check what is available for your motherboard

http://www.crucial.com/

The largest stick will go in slot 1

The beeping was probably caused by the memory stick not being seated when you removed / installed it