Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I open ports i D-Link DI-604?

• Please log in to reply

Gameplayer

Gameplayer

• PipPip
  • 49 posts
I have problems with software/hardvare? and can't get it to work!
The problem is that I have a router DI-604 and I have tryed on several ways to open ports in that router.
And I can't get a specific program to work, and that is EarthCamTV Broadcasting.
I have to open port 4020 to broadcast video.
But I have opened that port in both virtual server, application, filter and firewall.
But it still don't work.
The live video does not sending as it seems.
But if I connect my computer directly to the network (without the router), then it works.
So I don't know if there is something wrong with my router?

Advertisements

Jack123

Jack123

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 944 posts
D-Link DI-604 SETUP
25th Dec 2005

Happy Holidays –

Have reviewed your last several Posts – [On this Issue]

http://www.geekstogo...topic=81036&hl=

http://www.geekstogo...topic=75146&hl=

How long have you had Router – Have you ever had it working – Have you registered it with D-Link –

In one of them – You said – [I can't remember my username and my password!!! It was long time ago since I configured it, and now I don't remember my login info] –

You just have to do a [Hard Reset] to Router to reset everything back to – the – [Default Condition] – where all – [User Names] & [Passwords] – [Port Info] – [Internet Protocol] – [Setup] – are generic again –
Do you have [Installation CD] & [Setup Data] for this Router –

What about your [Broadband] / [Cable/Internet Provider] – Is the [Internet Connection Protocol] – [Compatible] with this Router – You need to contact [IP] for – [Type/Protocol]

I have doubts/issues on [Legal Ownership] – We at [G2G] – cannot help you if there are any Issues – However

Here are 2 Links that will address all of your Issues with this Router & Connection Setup –

Main Link – Plus – Many sub links – that you will need –
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=62

FAQ – [A sub Link] from previous main link above – Read – [Very Informative] – pertaining to your – [Issues]
http://support.dlink.com/faq/top20.asp

Basically you need some [Setup Information] from your [Internet Provider] – that you need for the [Router Setup Process] for the Router – [Internet Connection Protocol] – [Setup Connection – selections] – They will need [Account Name/Number] and maybe [Password] – From you –

Then you can contact [D-Link] – by phone – and they will walk you thru the – [Whole Process] – Including [Firewall Issues] – And get you Connected – They will need [Router Model Number] & [Serial Number] –

Jack123

Edited by Jack123, 25 December 2005 - 09:12 AM.

The Coffee Lady

The Coffee Lady

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I just wanted to say, thanks so much. My router has been sitting on my desk for a week and I was trying to figure out why I could not get the thing to work. Now it is connected and I have all 2 of my printer and my scanner connected and I am ready to go. :)

I know last time I had it connect I had to call and they did all kinds stuff to help me but just coming here and going to the links you provided did the trick

Thanks again so much, now if everything esle will be this fast I will be in good shape