Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox URL autocomplete issues - doesn't remember some sites

• Please log in to reply

wayneman50

wayneman50

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts

I’d say basically it doesn’t remember a lot of the URLs it used to. A couple examples of URL autocomplete issues:

I used to start typing the first few letters of “weather.com”, which I visit pretty much daily, and it would auto fill “weather.com”. Now it auto fills every time with http://www.weatherbase.com/. I don’t know where that came from.  

I used to type the first few letters of “duckduckgo.com” and it would bring up “duckduckgo.com”. Now it brings up a magnifying glass below the url with “Search with duckduckgo”.  

There are other URLs it doesn't remember.

It does remember "amazon.com" for some reason.

Maybe I somehow deleted recent history and it's going way back to sites I visited a long time ago? I am thinking it might be best if I can start over, i.e. clear out any information it’s saved about where it thinks I want to go, and start remembering the sites I am entering now.

I have the latest version - 125.0.3 (64-bit).

PC Restart does not help.

Thank you.

Edited by wayneman50, Today, 04:25 PM.

Advertisements