Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Graphics

• Please log in to reply

michald

michald

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hello guys i just have small question you see i got a ATI Radeon X850Pro and i don't know should i exchange it for ATI Radeon X850XT because my friend told me it has more pipelines and is faster so the difference is big

thank you for your help

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Yeah they are the same exact speed in the gb/s (gigabytes per second). The only difference is the pipelines from 12 to 16. I dont think its worth getting rid of your pro and then getting a xt. If you havnt bought it yet and you have a chance to change your order then it wouldnt be a bad idea.

I dont know how your going to exchange it if its already open and working fine. Unless you got it from bestbuy or something and you can say its bad, then pick a new.

michald

michald

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
ok so you are telling me that thats not a bad idea??

I bought My X850Pro 20 days ago in bestbuy and you know they give you 30 days to return stuff it was on sale for $229.99 so it was a pretty good deal i think but now i found the 850XT in microcenter for $299.99 and i tought that i could buy the XT but i don't know if the difference in graphics will be big so just tell me what would you do on my place??

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Its not worth going through all that trouble, and spending more money also. They are the same exact speeds. Just on has a tad more pipelines. The graphics wont be noticable at all because they are exactly the same speed.

Edited by jrm20, 25 December 2005 - 01:35 AM.