Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pinnacle Studio Plus 10

• Please log in to reply

maspaige

maspaige

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: Why am I only getting a DVD folder of 3.3GB (72min.) when my video is 82min? There is clearly enough room on a DVD to hold this 82min. video (best quality). When I make DVD to hard drive it always cuts my video to 72min. Any help is much appreciated.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Pinnacle say use another drive :tazz:

1. Separate Video Capture disk. While Studio does work with one single drive, customers will be limited by the size of the hard drive and some performance factors of running Windows and capturing to the same disk. Window’s default setting sets Virtual Memory to the drive where Windows is installed, typically the C: drive. If the C: drive is also the capture location, then there may be times during capture or output where Windows also needs to use the disk, which can cause performance problems such as dropped frames. A dedicated capture drive avoids these performance issues

You can try clicking start, right clicking my computer, clicking properties, advanced, setting for performance,
advanced, change for virtual memory, put the dot in system managed then click set, OK and apply then reboot

Another thing to try is process tamer

http://www.donationc...amer/index.html

You can either let it balance the CPU call by Pinnacle, or you can set the process priority for Pinnacle to real time, which will let it use whatever it needs

maspaige

maspaige

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Keith,

I think the reply to this question maybe directed at another problem. My problem is with the size of the VIDEO_TS folder that is created when I make a DVD to my hard drive. When I make a DVD it cuts off my video clip to only 72min. The 72min. video produces a VIDEO_TS folder of about 3.3 GB. Why would it do this when one can fit 4.7GB on a DVD disk? Why would it cuts off my video to produce a DVD folder far smaller then what can fit on a DVD? My goal is to produce as much video on each DVD as possible at the highest quality possible. If a 72min. video produces a folder of 3.3GB at the highest quality, I should be able to get a video longer than 72min. on a 4.7GB DVD disk. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
maspaige

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If the C: drive is also the capture location, then there may be times during capture or output where Windows also needs to use the disk, which can cause performance problems such as dropped frames. A dedicated capture drive avoids these performance issues

I assume it is dropping frames instead of capturing the whole thing