Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Voices sound like people using helium

• Please log in to reply

angelblade27

angelblade27

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
hey. my sound is all different now. they don't sound normal. they sound like people waterlogged or like they have swallowed helium. how do i overcome this?

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
You didnt give much info at all. You probably have a creative sound card that has these special eax sounds that you can change the way everything sounds.

look for your sound card brand in the start menu. Im not for shure what you have but it does seem like creative. Look for creative and click one at a time and go through. I forgot which one it would be under but the sound your hearing is from environmental audio where you can change the EAX effects to sound like a chipmunk, zeus, echo ect.. I dont remember which one its in but it is in your start menu under creative.

If you find it to turn it off look for default or the very top one in the environment list.

Hard to explain...lol

Edited by jrm20, 25 December 2005 - 03:57 PM.