Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

New Rig Built, PROBLEMS! Please help.

• Please log in to reply

QzXx

QzXx

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Okay, being Xmas and all i built up my new Rig.

Here are the Specs

AMD64 3200 939
Geforce 7800GT
200GB SATA HDD
DFI LAN PARTY SLI-D
2GB DDR 400 RAM

Okay, i have had maaany problems. For starters it doesnt like to boot with more than 1 stick of ram inserted, i have no idea why. Anyway, my main problem is i cant install windows. After clearing the CMOS i get a message saying that there is a CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR and that settings have been set to default. If i continue it backs up the CMOS then all i can do is restart. I have set the CD drive as the 1st boot device in the BIOS and saved. The only problem is when it gets to scanning the CD drive and when it should be getting ready to set up, the display goes blank and the computer restarts. On some occasions when the computer gets into the setup it crashes after a short while. I have also had hangs on the message Verifiying DMI Pool Data.

Oh, one more thing... I have had the message that the system is in Safe Mode and that the CPU frequency needs to be changed a few times but it is set to what it should be.

I have no idea what to do now.... :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
At a glance you have a corrupt stick of ram or a duff motherboard, maybe even both. ill check back in the morning probably.