Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless broadband

• Please log in to reply

Wishazu

Wishazu

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have connected all my hardware up, all is well, my computer that is using the adpator is reciving the signal... but the router is working, how do i install it i has all its greenlights on but its just not acting as a modem liek it should, it wont connect to the internet any suggenstions?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Most likely because you haven't fed it your ISP username and password.

Because your router is able to talk to the exchange, that's a good sign. But it sounds like its just connected to the exchange but isn't actually calling anybody to provide internet access.

What router do you have?

Wishazu

Wishazu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i have a 54g Wireless DSL/Cable Gateway Route, i have the power plug for the router plugged in, i have the phone line connected to the router and the leaded from the router to the LAN socket in my computer plugged in. i went to modem intalation wizard but it seems it doesnt show up on my computer. and how do i feed it my isp?

thanks

Wishazu

Wishazu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
mot even the add hardware wizard can detect my modem :@