Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Major Speed Issues

• Please log in to reply

Virus Magnet

Virus Magnet

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Alright...i got my computer

about a year and a half ago. It really isent built for gaming and sound but back when i first got it it ran WC3 TFT perfect for a long time..untill something happend and i had to reformat..and reformat..and yes reformat which i just did today. Which i know for sure i did perfectly and did everything for speed. but my problem is its still SOOO slow it cant even handle a game such as dofus. or Runescape without the typeing alone lagging so bad it's pitiful. i got more ram to help the multitasking my computer game with an integrated 2200 graph card and 512 mb of space (its a del i hate it ><) but i had a gig of ram now and im still getting speed problems. theres nothing on my computer other then stuff like spyware, ad-aware, fire wall stuff, ext. but it still runs online games and flash movies like aboslute crap. not like when the good old days. and i dont know whats wrong. Reformating is sopposed to kill problems (most of them) but its just not working. I know im illiterate but i dont have the money to keep spending on new computers because every computer i get gets crapper and crapper as the years go by. but yeah. my specs are

intel[r]
Pentium® 4 cpu 2.40GHz 2.39GHz
1.00GB of RAM

any more spec information and speed things you can do to help me would be appresheated and yes i know my ghz are low. its an older (sorta) dell model its a 2350. ehh :tazz:

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Could be a problem with the hard drive in that machine. Because its mechanical, it spins and therefore gets worn out with age. Add to that its power cycled at least daily in most environments.