Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

America's Army and Ventrilo

• Please log in to reply

sylamore

sylamore

• PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I am having a problem with Ventrilo. I recently started playing America's Army online and have downloaded Ventrilo to talk to other players. I have an Nvidia GForce 5500 video card and my sound card is onboard, a RealtekAC97. Just got a new Altec Lansing headset too. Here's the problem: I can talk on ventrilo but nobody can hear me. Have gone over ALL the setup in ventrilo with 2 different people to no avail. Have tested the mic on Sound Recorder, works fine and I hear my playback. Also, I hear everything else, like msn messages, music etc....but still can't hear a thing in ventrilo. Please help! Thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

LinkmasterSon

LinkmasterSon

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hey Sylamore!
I don't think the prblem is your mic or the setup of ventrilo. I think your problem is your sound card. The Realtek AC97 has problems with the MIDI interface which America Army may be using. The Realtek sound card may not support multiple sound streams and full duplex recording and playback. The on-board chipset is unusable and should plan on buying an external audio/MIDI interface and overriding the chipset OR buy an Apple Powerbook.