Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

graphics adapter

• Please log in to reply

bitche247

bitche247

• Pip
  • 3 posts
ok here is my problem for today, i have just installed the sims2 onto my computer and it is telling me that i need a Directx 9.0c compatable graphics adapter. what the [bleep] is this and where can i get it...
please help a computer illiterate woman
thanks alot

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
Sounds like you need a new video card that will be able to run the game.

First check to see if you have the latest directx installed first, which is 9.0c

If it still doesnt work then you need a new video card.

download fresh diagnose and install the program.

http://www.freshdevi.../downfiles.html

Then open up the program, click on hardware system then find system slots. Now goto save and save the system slots info so you can post it here in the forum and I can tell you what kind of video card you can get.

Also give me your budget on a video card. The sims2 doesnt require a real fast video card so you should be able to get one for a decent price if thats the most graphically intense game you have. Around $100 video card will get the job done and be a decent video card.