Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet connection fails on secure sites

• Please log in to reply

markainstone

markainstone

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Good Evening,
My father-in-laws computer runs a dial-up connection which has recently started kicking users out of secure sites. The security settings appear to be alright and recent virus scans have been negative.
Any suggestions

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
having the exact same issue. my computer is denying me accsess to any secure site. it gives me a error redirector like some malware gives but i have not found any malware, and since ive been in geek you i have learned to read HJT logs and i dont see anything in my own logs that appears to be malious. i too whould apricate some help

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

having the exact same issue. my computer is denying me accsess to any secure site. it gives me a error redirector like some malware gives but i have not found any malware, and since ive been in geek you i have learned to read HJT logs and i dont see anything in my own logs that appears to be malious. i too whould apricate some help

I can assure you that after one day in GeekU, you have *not* learned to completely read HijackThis logs. :tazz: That's not even possible, trust me. I've been at this a LONG time.

You need to start a thread of your own to get help with this problem. Even though it's the same type of problem...everyone's systems and programs/files are different, therefore no two sets of instructions are ever exactly the same. It's also in the board rules to start your own topic for your own problem. :)

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Hi Mark. YOu can check my sig. for instructions on how to download a hijack this log. Once you complete the preliminary steps, post a log here and I'll check it out. :tazz: