Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

P.C is screwing up

• Please log in to reply

neilnpatel

neilnpatel

• Pip
  • 4 posts
MY p.c has been having problems for quite some time, i fixed them and there has been a gap of about 5 months till this problem..

When i turn my p.c the time is alsways fuked up aswell a sthe cmos settings reset to factory defaluts- i ordered a new battery

But sometimes my hard drive crashes. I here this clicking noise ans my p.c crashes. I restart and the p.c does not find it. But after a gap of a minute i turn it back on and its fine.

What the [bleep] is the proeblem with the hdisk its about a year and two months old so it aint aging or nething. I think its the psu as its one of em cheap ones u get with a £20 case.

PLease help help help

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

A cheap psu is never a good thing but I don't think thats your problem with the drive, everytime I have herd that clicking noise the drive was about to fail and seeing as your computer don't recognize it for awhile after the crash also suggests its going to fail soon.

If its only a year old it should still be under warranty.

Rick

neilnpatel

neilnpatel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
nope -tried that, the thing is im on it now and its fine. its about 14 months old.

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I would go to the drive manufactuers website and find there tools to check the drive