Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nav menu question

• Please log in to reply

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
ok, I want to use my own nav button image for my menu, here is my problem though.

First I don't use Dreamweaver or fireworks so those are not an option for me at this time. they are too expensive to get just for this one feature IMO.

Here is what I need to do.

i have my button I made, (see below)
but I need it to do a kind of pop out menu. I want to use this one button to allow navigation to all my services I offer. you know a single button with multiple links attached to it. Is there a easy way to do this. I have tried just about everything I can think of or found on google, but it just won't work.

Any help is appreciated.

Attached Thumbnails

• srvcs.gif

Edited by Dragon, 27 December 2005 - 02:04 PM.

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Wuz up Dragon.

Ye there is something that will help you defeat your problem. There is this cool program call "Xara Webstyle" it has options for making menu's, buttons, headings, ect. Practicly everything you need on a web page. Its great, BUT unfortunatly you have to pay. But you do get a free trial, maybe if you like it you will buy it. If i am correct "Xara Webstyle 2" is free cant remeber. Check it out, i promise you wont be disapointed. (Xara 2 is the old one, try and get your hands on the latest "Xara Webstyle 4". (Cant remember though where to find the site where you can download the free trial, but im sure you will be able to find it)

Enjoy this incredible program :tazz:

(Here is a site that shows buttons to do with Xara and you nav bars)
Nav Bars

Edit: Wuz up, "xara webstyle 2" should work fine for what you trying to do and MORE. And looking at mine it doesnt expire.

Edited by spike_hacker_inc, 27 December 2005 - 03:14 PM.

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
thanks spike, I'll look into it. just glancing at everything on it so far, it doen't appear to do what I'm looking for but I could be wrong, I'll give it a try if I dont' find anything else

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
how about something like

http://www.projectse.../css/uberlinks/