Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

media player 10

• Please log in to reply

randy w

randy w

• Pip
  • 2 posts
OK computer geeks, this might give you something to work on. A puzzle I've worked on for 3days... Here goes.

1 year old Dell 5150 Inspiron usb 2.0 ports. Everything running fine. I got a iriver t10 player. I pluged the unit in. The computer saw it, installed whatever it wanted and said it was ready to use. A screen came up and asked what I wanted to do, sync with media player 10 or take no action. I picked sync with mp10. mp10 started and said it couldn't find a device installed, please hit F5 to refresh. I did, nothig happened. I went to the iriver web site, with was a wast of time. I called tech suppeort at iriver. He took me through his list of thing to do. We did everything with no luck. He said sorry, must be a bad unit take it back and get another. I did. SAME PROBLEM. Ok I said, take it back get a different unit. Now I have a Sandisk Sanza M240 player. Guess what, same problem.... Also all these tested on an older Dell laptop with same results. Also MSoft tech support ran me through various services to make sure they are running and set on automatic. They were or are now.
I have reinstalled mp10, searched the internet far and wide and found this site. I bet someone here has more clues mor me to follow...... :) :tazz:

What other info do you require??? Randy

Advertisements

randy w

randy w

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Well the good folks at Sandisk had the fix for me. It seems as thugh their m-240 player has two settings for the USB. One is auto detect, and the other is MSC. from the factory the USB is set at autodetect. They had me change this is the MSC and all is well. Now I wonder why it didn't work on autodetect....