1) Will this work and help my computer be as fast as it was?
2) How do i go about completely wiping the hard drive? (Despite all the anti-spyware and anti-virus software, i'm sure there are still a few malicious programs lurking around, so i want to completely wipe the disk to get rid of them)
3) After wiping the hard disk, to re-install windows do i just put the CD in on start up?
4) I also read that formating the disk doesn't actually wipe it, just hide the data, and that the only way to properly clean the disk is to use a "data shredder." What's the point of formatting the disk if it doesn't free up space or get rid of data and any lurking programs?
5) I use McAfee security centre, and use the firewall it provides (and as recommended by McAfee, disabled the Windows Firewall). If i run both McAfee Firewall and Windows Firewall, will i have double the protection of will they just interfere with each other?
Thank you. When I first bought my computer, it was super rapid - now it's a shadow of it's former self and so i want to restore it to former glory. It's only a couple of years old too!