Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless connection available, but cannot connect

• Please log in to reply

The Colonel

The Colonel

• PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Hey all, i have a D-Link AirPlus DWL G-520 wireless PCI adapter (rev.B). I have all the drivers installed, but I cannot connect to a network. The network is always available and occasionally (every few days) I can connect to it. There is no password for it. I can't connect to it at all anymore. Any help? My windows has been really destroyed lately and has reverted back to Win XP Pro without any SPs. I also have restarting troubles. So is this wireless trouble from my adapter or Windows? (I hate Micro$oft.)

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hello Col,

To me, this looks like a Malware problem. Please follow the steps located here to ensure your computer is not infected.

Once done, if you're still experiencing problems please do the following:
1. Goto Start, Run, type CMD and press 'OK' - now type: IPCONFIG /ALL - please copy and paste the results by right-clicking on the Command Prompt window, selecting 'Select All', and then pressing Ctrl+C. Please post the results here.

2. Please goto Start, Run, type CMD and press 'OK' - now type: sfc /scannow (*Note: You will need your Windows CD handy to repair any missing / corrupted files).

(I hate Micro$oft.)

It's rarely an actual fault within Microsoft products; if you were to use Windows/any Microsoft product with only it's default settings (ie: nothing else installed on your computer; no games, programs etc), then you would find that you would not run into any trouble. It's only when you add unknown equations to the factor that Microsoft has a problem.

The Colonel

The Colonel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts
Nothing worked, so it is not Malware. My windows is still royally screwed though. I cannot connect to the network still. It always shows like it is there, but I cannot connect even though it has no password. I will post my HijackThis log in the malware and see if anything is wrong. Thanks m8.

Edited by The Colonel, 29 December 2005 - 06:01 PM.