Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web page

• Please log in to reply

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• PipPip
  • 48 posts
Hello,

I am wanting to create a web page for my wife's new business. Does anyone know of a decent but free web page maker. We just don't have the money to buy one yet.

Thanks

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go
almost all of the freewebhosting service come with free web builder. if you are using Microsoft office and still have the cd that came with frontpage which is not free but a very good site builder. i have heard people who have like homestead (homestead.com) as a site builder. once you have finished making the site or if you encounter any problems along the way please post them here and we whould love to help you!!

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
a free web page building tool that is useable on Windows would be Nvu it is similar to Dreamweaver to a point, just doesn't have all the bells and whistles like that.

I use it on Linux for my web designs, works great.

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thank you for the replies. I will try them. You guys were very quick on the help. Thank you

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I don't really recommend using a "webpage maker" unless you want a sort of amateur website (which I think is not the case here), they sometimes add weird little things that no one can really understand.

IMO, it's best to learn HTML and use a simple text editor like notepad to build your webpages. Programmer's Notepad: http://www.pnotepad.org/ is a more powerful editor, directed toward programming and coding. I've started using it lately and so far it's working great.

Hope that helped :tazz:

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Lil,

Is it very difficult to learn HTML. I would really like to learn that.

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi Firemedic,
I disagree with you :) .If you had to learn Java or some real programming language, you will see HTML really really easy, believe me.

Start learning it if you want, lots of people here will give you tips and guidance. Including me :tazz:

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Thanks, I think that I might try to learn.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
HTML isn't a difficult language to learn at all.

http://www.w3schools.com/ has a bunch of good tutorials, very easy to understand :tazz:

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
HTML looks very difficult to begin with and may look tramitizing however once you get going through it, it becomes relitivly easy. Also if you plan on buying a program latter on or are using a web web service overall they usually cause some kind of problem in the code every now and then. I find with front page 50% of the time i'm in HTML even though it was designed to simplify web design. Personnaly I believe knowing HTML is a must when creating a web site! :tazz:

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts

I find with front page 50% of the time i'm in HTML even though it was designed to simplify web design. Personnaly I believe knowing HTML is a must when creating a web site! :tazz:

exact same story here :) ! it is definately helpful to know html when using an html editor. when i use an editor it is out of lazyness not out of lack of skill :)

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
lol same story everywhere i think

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
90% of my code is done in html, the remainder is done with the wyswyg editor section just so I can make sure the layout is correct.

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
|I would have to echo that although i use dreamweaver's coder interface for coding and then i can just directly switch it over to veiw the layout... unless i'm working with php

firemedic1620

firemedic1620

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
Ok, I think that the best thing for me to do is learn html. Do you have to use an animation program or is that all part of html