Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sudden reboots

• Please log in to reply

Daryl_A

Daryl_A

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Within the last week, my computer will reboot seemingly whenever there's a resolution change during a game (when loading up the game, when tabbing out, when quitting the game, etc.). Here's the reason why I was getting the reboots:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***STOP 0X0000000A (0X9D0B6240, 0X000000X2, 0X00000000, 0X8051EC1C)

As I understand it, that's a driver related issue. I just reformatted my computer last night, and have only installed the following things for drivers:

-Logitech Mouseware 9.80 drivers
-nVidia ForceWare 67.66 beta drivers (had 66.69 when the problem originally started happening)
-nForce4 6.93 drivers
-AC'97 drivers
-Linksys Wireless 802.11 drivers

What's most unusual is that I don't remember this ever happening when I was playing World of Warcraft a month back when I first got the computer, and I tabbed out of that game nearly ever five minutes. I first noticed the problem when playing the Splinter Cell 3 demo and can easily reproduce the crashing in UT 2004.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Daryl_A

Daryl_A

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright, I <I>think</I> I've found the reason why I was getting the above. It's something involving a confliction between settings in boot.ini and nVidia ForceWare drivers. I made a quick change, and tried to force a crash through UT2004. Couldn't do it. ;)

So, uh, yeah. The staff can disregard this... unless, of course, I post back in two days saying I didn't fix anything. :tazz: