Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"Sonic Update Manager" on Dell PC Dimension E510 Bootup

• Please log in to reply

jonny262

jonny262

• Pip
  • 1 posts

I don't understand what the big fuss is. I actually do like Sonic and I like keeping it. I have an Inspiron and have the same problem described here. I went to the Sonice site, downloaded a hotfix, ran it, and it was taken care of. 5 mins max. Never have the same problem again. Sometimes when the finger is a little sore there is no need to cut it off. If you actually don't care for the Sonic software I suppose you did the right thing.

I had this problem after uninstalling another bundle of software which came with my Dell Inspiron. It looks like I must have deleted some shared files. There is a hotfix here
http://kb.roxio.com/...N?set-locale=en

Edited by jonny262, 22 May 2007 - 03:41 AM.

Advertisements

jgberkeley

jgberkeley

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Well I changed something and my 3 year old Dell started getting the Sonic Update Manager load CD problem.

After reading this thread, I used the Control Panel add/remove program and removed the Update Manager and the two programs listed above, and the problem is solved.

thanx,