Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No pictures!

• Please log in to reply

billywhizz

billywhizz

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi,

I'm running IE5.50 on an ME PC with no problems apart from this. About half the sites I open show a picture pane but no picture - just a small square with three small coloured shapes inside. I've checked all the settings that I'm confident with and can't see why this has just started to happen.
Any ideas?

Best regards

BW

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

are there certain file formats that you can not veiw? there is a setting on most browsers when accidently trigered will not show the picture but rather the alternitive text put in the image tag by the programmer of the site. try perusing threw the help screen on ie5 by hitting F1, search things like "pictures" hope this helps.

billywhizz

billywhizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi and thanks for the reply. No, it's not particular file formats, seems to be the odd embedded image pane. I've got all the options for picture viewing ticked in the advanced settings, and the image doesn't even open when I right click and ask to "show picture".

I'm puzzled - someone suggested it may be slow loading pictures but my connection is good and it's always the same sites.

This one I came across yesterday - I can't see the image at the top and one about midway down.

http://www.canon.co.uk/

Thanks

BW

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
those arnt images, does are macromedia flash objects. you dont have an issue with pictures, you have a flash issue. download the latest flash drivers. and then post again to see if that helps.

billywhizz

billywhizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Hi,

I've just downloaded flash update from Macromedia site and still can't see the object. In fact, theres a lot on theMM web site I can't see.......!

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
what about shockwave? you need the highest update of both the shockwave and flash players

billywhizz

billywhizz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
Many thanks - all OK now! My screen actually shows some content again....very grateful.

BW