Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Server Busy Message

• Please log in to reply

Pokerj

Pokerj

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
This message Server Busy appears several times within a 30 minute for no reason at all. Two options are given Switch To or Retry. Clicking on Switch To Start menu is displayed I ignore this and click outside the Start menu and the message disappears. Clicking on Retry nothing happens, clicking on cancelation box nothing happens. All other operations appear normal but just is annoying to have to go thru this procedure to delete the message box. Would appreciate any input. Thanks

Edited by Pokerj, 29 December 2005 - 09:13 PM.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
i must admit i do not know the awser to your question, servers will occaltionaly be busy, the best way to avoid that message all together is too try to avoid high hit sites, at peak hours.

i hope this is somewhat helpful, as i am not quite sure how too help you with closing that window, if you suspect it may be malware connected then i suggest you post a log there, but from what you have said i doubt that.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How do you connect to the internet? Does this happen on one website or all? How dependable is your ISP? Have you dumped all your temp files recently?

Johanna