Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Strange user item that comes up.

• Please log in to reply

Dontais

Dontais

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I have gone trog the starup items and services on my friends computer here but he keeps getting a message C:\Widnows\System32\Tools\DelFiles.exe could not be loaded; I check the data base here for starup items and doesn't seem to bring anything up. I was wondering if anyone else seen this. The computer is useing windows xp pro sp2 aswell. anyideas be apresciated.

Edited by Dontais, 30 December 2005 - 12:51 PM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Haven't seen it, no, but it is likely a start up entry from some now deleted malware infection, or perhaps an incomplete install script

That is not a default windows folder.

If you care to run hijackthis and attach a log file to your next post I can take a look. If I see malware, I will redirect you to the proper forum, but for now let's just assume broken startup link

Dontais

Dontais

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

Haven't seen it, no, but it is likely a start up entry from some now deleted malware infection, or perhaps an incomplete install script

That is not a default windows folder.

If you care to run hijackthis and attach a log file to your next post I can take a look. If I see malware, I will redirect you to the proper forum, but for now let's just assume broken startup link

We did a system restore and the problem was corrected could of been a file just misplace before, thnx anyway. If my fried notices it again i will get a hjt to see whatts going on. Just couldn't find anything in the start up so i was wondering. :tazz: