Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hey guys im back

• Please log in to reply

lilhawk2892

lilhawk2892

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
hey guys its been a while anyways i decided that learning c++ was too time consuming and i figured out that at the highschool im gonna go to its not gonna be taught but java is so i wanted to get a head start but can a java expert start me on my way (with msn(just with questions)) but i need to know some stuff before i start like

wuts the best (free) compiler
where can i find online tutorials
can i make an entire website with it like flash

and is it good enouph to get anywhere with it

pls help

ps pls dont post saying "stick with c++ its better" or anything like that

Edited by lilhawk2892, 30 December 2005 - 01:16 PM.

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

Unfortunately, learning Java won't be any less time consuming than learning C++, with the exceptions that it can sometimes be faster for coding classes and related things. They are both object orientated languages and you will need to learn the basics of object orientated programming to access the true power of those languages.

For compiler, you can download the free SDK from the Java website at:
http://java.sun.com/...2/download.html

The Java website also features many good tutorials:
http://java.sun.com/...rial/index.html

Java can be used to code applications that run "online" called applets. While it would be feasible to create a website using only java (there are other related technologies like JSP or Java Server Pages), I don't think it would be very useful to create an entire applet based website, but others may have different opinions.

I didn't completely understand a few parts of your message, but I think that should help you get on the right track.

Good luck,
Tom

hey guys its been a while anyways i decided that learning c++ was too time consuming and i figured out that at the highschool im gonna go to its not gonna be taught but java is so i wanted to get a head start but can a java expert start me on my way (with msn(just with questions)) but i need to know some stuff before i start like
wuts the best (free) compiler
where can i find online tutorials
can i make an entire website with it like flash

and is it good enouph to get anywhere with it

pls help
ps pls dont post saying "stick with c++ its better" or anything like that