Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE6 Slow Page Load

• Please log in to reply

billpl

billpl

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey all,

I'm running Windows XP Pro and connect to the Internet via DSL. Lately when I first click on my IE icon it is taking much longer to open than previously (20+ seconds or so).

When following links on pages, etc. the page load time seems just fine - it's only when I go on that first time.

I've created a shortcut that opens a blank page to no avail, cleaned out temp internet files, ran my SpySweeper and AdAware for tracking cookies, but nothing helps.

Can anyone offer any additional suggestions out there?

Thanks

Advertisements

billpl

billpl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well - it appears I've solved my own problem. :tazz:

I went in to msconfig and turned off my SpySweeper from starting on system startup and lo and behold my IE comes right up like it should.

For whatever reason apparently it affects the time IE takes to start up the first time (something being checked out during that first start up)? :

I'm planning to leave SpySweeper off and just manually run my sweeps on a regular basis.