Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi everyone, I just recently bought a 200gb hd and it was only working at 127gb, but i have got that fixed, i used a program called "discwizard" (Just incase anyone wanted to know) my hard drive is a "Seagate"

Ok, but thats not my problem, my hard drive that i just installed is my slave, and its coming up as the letter "I:" and i would like it to be "D:" so how to i change the drive letter??? Currently my "D:" is a Cd-rom"

Thanks. :tazz:

Advertisements

Kemasa

Kemasa

Nobody

• Technician
  • 1,730 posts
Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management. In there go
to Disk Management.

Then you can select the device and right click and select change drive letter and paths. You will need to change the CD first (I typically use X, Y and Z so that it never changes). Then you can change the disk.

fay47

fay47

• PipPip
  • 72 posts
I haven't ever done this but I found this article:
http://support.micro...;307844&sd=tech

Fay

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Hi guys thanks alot guys it worked, fay47 the article you found it same as Kemasa. So thank you to both of you's.

Enjoy... :tazz: