Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE CANNOT OPEN WWW.GEEKSTOGO.COM

• Please log in to reply

LABEESH

LABEESH

• Pip
  • 6 posts
First of all, thank you to those who replied with advice. I was able to delete 5 bad dll files, checked for malware with aolfixx, which said it didn't find any(probably not such an efficient program). I also reset my web settings for IE. I still have slowness upon opening websites. And now when I try to open this site, I get the home page starting to come up and then I get the warning INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT OPEN THE INTERNET SITE HTTP://WWW.GEEKSTOGO.COM/. OPERATION ABORTED. So then I click the OK tab, I get THE PAGE CANNOT BE DISPLAYED window, and then I click BACK and then I can access this website as if nothing happened. What usually causes this? I'm wondering if the slowness is related to images, because when I try to access website WWW.TURNERCLASSICMOVIES.COM which has photographs on the home page, the bottom left of my window says OPENING PAGE and in the bottom right hand side - the little white bar starts to fill up with blue a little at a time until it's all blue, and then I just get the background color of the website home page- and then nothing happens for minutes and I get disgusted and x-out. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Advertisements

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Hello and welcome to geekstogo,
so for the delayed responce,
ok, i had the same problem earlier this month, no worries though its very simple to fix. When you clean up your computer here we usually have you clean up and remove all the cookies on your computer so at first it'll be slow remplacing them all, but will soon speed up to normal again. However when you get the message aborted you will c that even once that message has appered that its still downloading picture and files from the geekstogo web site on the bottom right hand corner of the site. Once this message apears just leave the window open for a period of time then once you c done in the lower right hand corner all you need to do is close the window and reopen it and it should work. Simple enough and it worked for me.
If i wasn't clear any where or need additional information just let me know. And no it isn't related.
thanx
James