Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

'The Page Cannot Be Displayed' for over 12 hours now.

• Please log in to reply

pharoahsqueen

pharoahsqueen

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I have this ONE site that I always go to everyday , and today I went there and got 'The Page Cannot Be Displayed' , so I refreshed. Nothing. I waited for about 3-4 hours and tried again, I got the same thing. I asked some people I knew that visted the site often (gaiaonline.com) to see if it was working for them , and it was. I even asked my family to look on their computers to see if maybe it was our connections.. but it was working swell for them. So it's only my inernet that wont allow me to access this site.
After about 8 or so hours of this I deleted cookies and inernet files, I ran virus scans and cleaned everything up, I also restarted my computer. But it's been over 12 hours now and it still does not work.
Any suggestions?

Please and Thank You.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Are you able to go to other sites without any problem, just having trouble with this one site? What browser are you using? Have you tried another browser, like Firefox? A good clean up of all the temporary files and other junk might be a good place to start. Go to http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852 and get Clean Up. This is a great program which we recommend. I use it regularly myself with no problems. See if a thorough clean up fixes it.

pharoahsqueen

pharoahsqueen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I'v already run cleanup and it still wouldn't work.
Aaand... I have been using Firefox for awhile , and I tried my Inernet Explorer , but it doesn't work on it either.
Thanks for the advice though. ^^

Edited by pharoahsqueen, 31 December 2005 - 10:17 AM.