Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AVG Rescue Disk

• Please log in to reply

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
in the wizard to make a rescue disk in avg free edition, it asks me the name of the system area backup file, it has a default backup file, but im not sure if it is right... how do i know for sure, and can i make my own....

also, i realized that i do not have a floppy drive in my compuer, i have all the hardware connected, i have my regular hard drive, an external hard drive, cd-rom, cd-burner (cd rom and burner are in different bays), and memory card readers that came with the external hard drive, so i have 2 hard drives, and 4 drives with removable storage. do i have too many drives with removable storage??? my bios doesnt even detect this, what can i do to make it work?? I custom built my computer, and i used some older parts from various computers, everything works fine, except the floppy drive. i need a floppy drive, so thats a necessity....

any information on how i could fix this would be helpful...
thanks

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Steve,

First, if you have windows xp and a harddisk formatted as ntfs, the rescue disk is useless. It creates a dos based av that cannot access ntfs

Second, I do not understand your second question

stevecraig12

stevecraig12

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
my second question was how i could make my floppy drive in my pc to work...it is not in my computer, and i have no clue why it is not...i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the reason why....i was thinking maybe there was a limit in the windows operating system to the drives you can have...anyone know anything about this....please reply

thanks

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
No, they use different controllers, so there is no limit

Is the floppy drive enabled in BIOS

does it show in device manager

start > run
devmgmt.msc
<enter>