Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problems connecting to linksys wireless-G broadband router

• Please log in to reply

loozer

loozer

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi Please help me. I have been using a linksys wireless G router and card with my old computer successfully. I recently tried to connect a new computer (thinkpad IBM T43) with internal wireless card (centerino mobile technology) and I can not get the system to work. I can only get a weak signal even when i am close to the router. With this signal I can not get a connection. I have tried to run the diagnostics from the other forums and i get stuck on the NETSH DIAG GIU. My computer will not recognize this command and nothing happens. Can you help me?
thanks
lou

Advertisements

chicagotech

chicagotech

• PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
You should run netsh diag gui instead of netsh diag giu. Also, try to install the new driver for the wireless card.