Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Battle Field 2 Single Player Question!

• Please log in to reply

HellFire8084

HellFire8084

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hey guys, its me again. I heard that in single player in bf2, u can have 64 bots. ive looked everywhere and im not able to get any where. could u find a way for me to download this mod and take me through the process of getting it set up? im kinda new to comps so bear with me. thank u very much! it means alot!!! :tazz:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
this is the only place I could fine regarding that mod:
http://files.vgpro.com/file/1977/

this file is untested I don't offer any guarantees to it:

The file will allow you to automatically have 32 bots on the SP maps.
PLace it in \Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\AI directory
(backup original file in case it overloads your system)

http://www.fileplane...-on-the-SP-Maps
this is another one, only 32 bots but its from fileplanet. I trust it a bit more. just follow the above instructions.

Edited by starjax, 01 January 2006 - 11:05 PM.

HellFire8084

HellFire8084

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I got the program installed but i dont know where to put it. i go into the folder, bf2, then mods, then bf2, then i am exposed to have an ai folder, but i dont. i dont have this folder or any original program for ai bots. where can i find this folder or program???

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
download the ai file and place it in the path specified. if you don't have a folder called that, then create it. make sure you have your folder options set to show all folders/files.

it should be there according to most of the bf2 forums. check out this: http://www.totalbf2....&highlight=bots

totalbf2 has some really good info if you hunt around thier forums. also they have several other bot downloads as well.

HellFire8084

HellFire8084

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
The instructions tell me to go into a ai folder and i dont have one. if i make a new folder for ai, then i cant change the old ai settings. u said something about showing all folders. how do u do that. thanks for ur help. no where better than geekstogo :tazz:

Edited by HellFire8084, 02 January 2006 - 06:25 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
open explorer, go to tool, folder options options

check the button next to "show hidden files and folders"

click ok.

browes to see if the folder in question is now visable

HellFire8084

HellFire8084

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
No. i did what u said and no folder called ai. this is wierd. where do i find the original program for ai bots if not there??? i can play SP w/ 16 bots but i cannot find the thing that runs it. plz help me fix this... it's really important!

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
ok go to start, search. when the search windo opens go to the left hand pane. look for a box called "search for hidden files and folders" and check the box. no type the name of the file and tell it to search your hard drive.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I just had a thought... have you patched bf2?

http://www.ea.com/of...s/downloads.jsp

the latest patch takes it to 1.12

HellFire8084

HellFire8084

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
I am downloading it now. thnk u very much for your help starjax. uve been very helpfull and patient. thnkx!

HellFire8084

HellFire8084

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
You said something about backing up the orignial file. how do i do that? and what do i call the file i want to use??